February 08, 2012
I just learned that Ginger’s Mom’s surgery has been postponed… The family had gathered at the Michigan hospital at the assigned 6:00am muster for her mom’s scheduled 9:00am mastectomy. Alas it was not to be…
In a pre-op examination, a swelling was noticed where they wanted to operate that could indicate an exiting slight infection. Definitely do not want to operate if that is present. After running more tests, the decision was made to postpone today’s surgery until a day next week.
This is a serious let down for the family. First it is always difficult to have to step back from the precipice that you have been conditioning yourself to accept the necessity of, then proceed to re-condition yourself for the coming groundhog day of doing it all over again. Second, Ginger will not be able to be there for the rescheduled date, she is chief nurse at her own Oncology Clinic here in Denver after all… and in the battle of competing priorities in our lives circumstances simply will not allow for either an extended stay in Lansing, or an immediate return trip next week.
Hopefully having Ginger there for the next couple of days will help her mom re-condition for the soon to be rescheduled procedure. I know Ginger acknowledges the reality of the situation, she doesn’t like it, but knows what is possible. I know where her heart will be, even if she cannot be there physically.
Thank you all again for your well wishes, warm thoughts and concerned prayers, they are all welcomed, and will be welcomed again when we go through this again.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Postponed!:
Thinking about all of you and sending well wishes to Ginger's mom.
Posted by: ~kAtHy~ | Feb 9, 2012 7:43:19 PM
The comments to this entry are closed.